Happy Chinese Rooster Year!
Chinese new year is all about eating and gathering with family, giving and receiving red envelopes, playing firecrackers and buying new clothes. It is a time for families to be together. Melbourne offers you a 17 day Chinese New Year festival with activities located from Queensbridge Square, Queen Victoria Market, Chinatown, the Chinese Museum, Melbourne Zoo, Eureka Skydeck and Southgate, through to Docklands and DFO South Wharf.
Things you can do while staying with us at Mercure Welcome –
- Enjoy a Chinese New Year’s Eve Feast sponsored by Secret Kitchen, located at the corners of Exhibition and Little Bourke Street.
- Experience “God of Prosperity’s visit” at Emporium Melbourne
- Buy a lantern and hang it on The Lantern Wishing Tree at Cohen Place for free
- Watch Asian short films, also at Cohen Place
- Be memorized by the dragons at the Dragon Parade Day throughout Chinatown on 29th of Jan, Sunday.
For more activities and festival info visit
Stay in touch and connected to all the news and happenings